Why is oral health prevention important?
When it comes to your oral health, an ounce of prevention is CHEAPER than a pound of cure!
Another way of saying this is when it comes to your oral health and its care, “Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish”!
When you are penny wise you:
- Skip routine visits to your dentist to save money
- Choose to get a tooth extracted rather than “save the tooth”
- Refuse to pay the cost of a recommended “deep gum cleaning” because you believe a simple cleaning is what you need
- Delay or worse, do not follow in a “timely manner” the recommended treatment plan of your dentist
When you are pound foolish you:
- Allow minor oral health issues to become expensive health issues that could have been prevented by keeping scheduled routine visits to the dentist
- Allow an extracted tooth to cause shifts in your teeth that affects the appearance of your smile and function of your mouth that will be expensive to fix and may cause lifestyle issues later!
- Acquire the large expense of treating periodontal disease and other oral-systemic health issues because you refused to follow the professional recommendation of a “deep gum cleaning”
- Allow identified small oral health problems to become BIG oral and health issues…that are now very costly to fix or live with, comfortably in future years
So, remember, When it comes to your oral health, an ounce of prevention is CHEAPER than a pound of cure! Commit to your routine oral health check-ups and implement in a timely manner your dentist’s treatment recommendations.
Prioritize your health today!
Make an appointment NOW to protect your oral health:
Click here for our online form or call (678) 639 – 0080 right now!